The last decade saw a lot of great advertisement especially at the end. Here's my top ten list.
All the images have been taken from thefashionspot.com
1. Lanvin S/S 2009 - Olga Sherer by Steven Meisel
Hands down the best campaign of the decade. Olga as a desert ghost, exquisite colors and no overdone photoshop. The flame like quality of the dress. The contrast between the lion yellow with the deep purple hints around. The way she seems to trip like an unusually thin predator. It's a work of art.
2. Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2006 - Caroline Trentini, Snejana Onopka, Jeisa Chiminazzo, Gemma Ward and Raquel Zimmermann by Steven Meisel
Never seen such an aesthetically pleasing roll in the hay. I'm partial to this campaign because of the warm light, the presence of my two favourite models (Snej and Jeisa) play a part as well.
3. Prada S/S 2005 - Karen Elson and Elise Crombez by Steven Meisel
The muted colors with some bright notes of yellow and red - stern minimalism with a distinct peacock flavor perfectly presented.
4. Lanvin F/W 2009 - Kristen McNenamy by Steven Meisel
Enough to want to go psychotic, isn't it? Lanvin has had the best streak of campaigns during this decade in my opinion.
5. Moschino Cheap & Chic S/S 2005 - Vlada and others by ?
An understated and beautiful campaign, particularly gorgeous because of Vlada's presence.
6. Rimmel 2000-2008 - Kate Moss by ?
This beautiful series of Kate Moss ads ran for at least 5 years, probably longer. Most of them lovely indeed.
7. Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2006 - Snejana Onopka by Jurgen Teller
Not much of a fan of Teller in general, but I have to say he struck gold with the best model of the decade - Snejana Onopka.
8. Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2005 - Karen Elson by Jurgen Teller
Karen Elson has that ability of making everything look interesting, elegant and sort of how you imagine Elizabeth I.
9. Louis Vuitton F/W 2004 - Natasha Poly by ?
Honestly, I will be looking up the name of this photographer, the lighting is perfect...
10. Gianfranco Ferre F/W 2003 - Maria Carla Boscono by ?
Never have I seen such a wonderful fashion impersonation of a cute baby seal. The focus and color are really beauteous.
hi just found your cool amazing blog today i'm a big fan of old ads and you have great taste ........abouth nr 9 Louis Vuitton Jewelry 2004 with Natasha Poly and Lydia Hearst its shot by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin may not found it yet.SvaraRadera
Thank you so much for the compliment and the info!SvaraRadera